Sunday, May 19, 2013

Saturday, May 18

Happy Birthday to all Family members who have a birthday today (May 18th). I have quite a few who were born on this day.

I am sorry that I have not posted anything lately. I don't have an excuse. So, maybe I should put up two posts to make up for it (?)

It has been a busy week at the office. We had a couple come down to help us in the office so it was good. We had one of the mothers of the missionaries complain that we don't send her regular updates about her missionary. I could not believe that. We have over 180 missionaries, and imagine if we were to send the parents an update on each one of them regularly? We would not be able to do nothing else in the office, there would be no time left.

We've been eating out a lot this week. On Monday we discovered this place that was a Mexican, Chinese and Indian open buffet. You get all you can eat from each of the different kinds of food. And you have a dessert section and a lady who would make you waffles as you stand, any kind you want. You can also order bread and they will make it in front of you.  It was really SO good. We'll have to go again of course because we didn't even try 10% of the food they had.

Yesterday we had a cultural night activity at the church. I was going to make stuffed cabbage, but after stuffing it, I realized I won't have enough time to cook it. So, I ended up making Mujadara. The foods everyone made from different countries were amazing. We ate SO much.  Some of the dishes were quite interesting and no one dared try them--like this dish had two balls in it. We did not know what was inside. We finally cut one of them and it was just meat stuffed in a big ball made of some sort of skin.
I had the cabbage today for lunch. It was good, I missed it. I never have the motivation to cook something like that because it takes so long to make.

Sister Hess leaves in 3 weeks. We have another sister coming next Saturday. She will be my new companion. We are trying to do some fun things before sister Hess leaves. Her son comes the end of this month and we are going to take a few days off and go see some sites with him and his wife. It should be fun.

It finally stopped raining today, so we decided to go do something fun. We went to Hever Castle which was about 30 minutes away from where we live. It was a nice drive as everything is so green now and beautiful. The castle itself is small inside. It was where Anne Boleyn lived (who was Henry VIII's second wife--He cut her head off!). But, the gardens are remarkable. So beautiful and peaceful and very well kept. I included some pictures below for you to see. I could just spend hours there in nature.
If you click on one of the pictures, it should show it bigger and you can view all the pictures.










No comments:

Post a Comment