Sunday, September 1, 2013

Leeds Castle

I have officially spent more months here than I have months left. It is amazing how fast time has gone by. I have been here 7 months and have 5 months left.  It has been a year since I made the decision to go on a mission!  

I have been asked to speak about Faith this month and after reading and pondering the topic I realized how weak my faith is and how much I need to improve.  I bought new scriptures and am going to try to read the scriptures more. I feel the Holy Ghost as I read and I am learning so many new things from the scriptures.  

Things are going great. I am enjoying every minute of being here. I think of my family often and for the people of the Arab world, especially in Syria.  I pray for them and for peace to be established. I know peace is possible through the prince of peace, Jesus Christ. Things are less crazy in the office after our last transfer, but this month will be a busy month.  I don't mind being busy though.

I am enjoying England especially now that the weather is somewhat nice. I think yesterday was our last outing in a nice weather. It will probably start getting colder pretty quick. We are going to Buckingham Palace on the 14th, and I still hope the weather will be nice, but we will have to see.

Yesterday Sister Cates and I went to Leeds Castle (no, it is not in Leeds!). It is about an hour away in Kent. The castle itself is not that big or impressive inside, but the grounds are magnificent. The castle is in the middle of a river. Also there are so many ducks and swans and geese on the grounds in addition to the beautiful gardens.

Below are some pictures. Enjoy...


Entrance to the Castle:

From our boat ride around the castle: 

I have no idea how he can stand there and not fall. He gave us a fun tour on the boat:

Waterfall:
 The Main Castle (as I said, it is small):


The White Swan: (the black one did not feel like posing for us)

One of the rooms of the Castle. It was used in 1974, so a lot of the old insides were changed:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that this castle is where the Israel/Egypt Camp David peace talks were held. The room they held those in was so small. Below is a picture of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment