Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday, Sept 10

I totally forgot to write this weekend. I hope you all will forgive me. When I don't write you should know that all is well and I don't have much to report.

It has been a great week. We had 3 missionaries arrive last week (two from France and one from Japan). We have a senior missionary couple arriving today. 

The temple is closed for two months. I will really miss going to the temple. It will probably be quiet around here for 2 months. The weather has been a bit cool and rainy mostly.  We had two rainbows appear here on Sunday and they looked so nice. Below are the pictures of them (as the Carpenters say 'pot of gold at the end of the rainbow'):





I was able to talk to one of my friends the other day about God's love. She did not believe God loved her. I told her that He loves everyone, but she would not believe that He would love HER. I asked her to exercise the bit of faith she has to ask God to show her that He loves her. President Uchtdorf says: 


'Brothers and sisters, the most powerful Being in the universe is the Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with a perfect love.

God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him.'

We do matter to God and He cares about each of us. I have seen His love in many ways. Just the other day I was wanting something that I thought would be impossible or hard to obtain. But, Heavenly Father answered my prayer almost immediately. 

On Friday we went and helped one of the Sisters move to a new place. We went to Ikea and got some of her furniture then took it to her flat. She rented a really cute little flat on the border of our mission. The lady who owns her place had a little dog who kept climbing into our van and did not want to get out. We should have taken him home with us =)

Yesterday we went out to eat at a place close to here (we are trying all the restaurants close by). This place was interesting. So small and really old. Sister Cates had liver and the only other thing that seemed good on the menu was salad, so I had the salad. It was really strange! But, the bread they brought at the start was good, so at least I didn't starve. I guess we have to try each of these restaurants once and then we'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment