Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday, Dec 15, 2013

It is getting late and I won't be able to write a long post. But, I did not want to disappoint some of you who may check my posts on Monday.

We had 3 new couples arrive this weekend. One of them, Elder and Sister Porter, will start working in the office. I took them with me today to Catford to hear my talk. We will start training them tomorrow. It seems like tomorrow will be a long day, but hopefully we will be able to do all that needs to be done. 

On the way to church today I almost had a car accident. And not only that, it was with an ambulance transporting a patient really fast! The ambulance driver was really good and hit his brakes in time so it was ok. Hopefully the patient in the back didn't fall when he slammed the brakes =)

I gave a talk today in the Catford Ward (church). The ward was very diverse. It seemed like no two people were from the same country. Each of them was unique. Their comments enriched the lessons and their spirit filled the room. They were diverse yet unified.
My talk was about peace, the peace that comes from the Holy Ghost when we follow our savior, Jesus Christ. When I started learning the gospel I remember distinctly the peace I felt…a peace I had never before experienced while living in the Holy Land.  Many in the world search for peace, yet we know that there will be more and more wars, contentions and hardships in the last days. But, despite all that we go through we can have peace in our hearts. Our savior, the prince of peace, tells us:
 ‘Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.’ (John 14: 27) Real peace, internal peace comes from following the savior and obeying His commandments.

Strangely enough I felt that I should focus on peace and the other speaker who also was not assigned a topic spoke about peace! 

After a talk, it really makes me feel so good when people come up to me and not only say: "Thank you for your talk..." But, come up and share their problems and ask me for more information about what I shared. I had someone come up and say: "please tell me how I could find more peace in my life?" and someone come up and say: "Despite all that happened to you, you don't seem to have hate in your heart for the Israelis. How do you let go of the anger and hate?" Another sister just hugged me for like 5 minutes.

I am going to miss the wandsworth stake. I have spoken there a few times and it always amazes me how diverse the wards are.

I think it is time I go to bed. I love you all and hope you will have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment