Saturday, February 15, 2014

God

I am still doing nothing! It is going to be SO hard to start working after all this sitting around! 
I had a strange virus in my eyes for the last few days. It is finally getting better. Actually I need to go rest my eyes now and get some sleep, but I will write a little bit.

My uncle is sick and was taken to the hospital today with liver failure. Please keep him in your prayers if you can. 

I went to volunteer this week at an old people's home. It was quite interesting, but I mostly felt useless as they had many people that worked there and really did not need me. 

I got a little depressed as I observed how most of the women sat and did nothing all day. Part of the day was spent repeating prayers over and over to Mary (mother of Jesus). I knew some people did that, but I have never sat down when it was actually done. It felt so strange and uncomfortable! 
One of the women told me that last week she was playing a CD and the CD player broke. She said she prayed to Mary (mother of Jesus) to repair the CD player. When the CD player was not fixed, she broke the statue of Mary and got so upset at her. She said she yelled at Mary and said: "Don't you love me? Why have you not answered my prayer?" Then she said that she later repented and glued the statue back together. Honestly I thought, 'how can someone be more confused?' I mean really did she expect Mary to fix her CD player? Everyone in that place was praying to Mary and had statues of her all over the place. 

What ever happened to the first commandment: No other Gods besides Him? Why are people not praying to God? Why are they thinking that some statue would substitute their relationship with the father of their spirits. How did people move so far from Heavenly Father? Why do people not read the scriptures and pray anymore? And why do they think repeating some words is considered prayer?

I hope we can all remember our Heavenly Father more. He would love to hear from us. He wants us to communicate with Him. He is loving, kind, patient, forgiving, understanding and much more. We all feel lonely sometimes, but we are not alone. He never leaves us alone. "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." (John 14: 18)

Life is hard, but we can always find hope and joy in life. A great example of that is Nick Vujicic. If you have not heard him speak, go to YouTube and look him up. He's amazing. Born with no arms and no legs, he lives a full and happy life. He's married to a beautiful woman and has a great family. Not only that, but he inspires people all over the world showing them that our circumstances don't control us. That we control how happy we are; that we can accomplish anything we set our minds to.

Here is a video with part of one of his great talks:
Never Give Up

Here is a video of 60 minutes on how he met his wife:
Love Story

We, on our own, are weak. We really need our Heavenly Father, with Him we can do anything. 

Hope you all had a great valentines' day. Don't forget to tell everyone around you how much you love them and how much they mean to you. I wish I had told my father how much he meant to me before he died. Life is short...

Valentines' day is always hard when you don't have a 'significant other' to share it with. I am so ready to get married! I have many friends who met their husbands online, so I have been spending some time online looking. It is technology age and I am not going to lose anything by trying, right?

Ok, now I really have to get some sleep. Goodnight everyone! 









No comments:

Post a Comment