Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lilies of the Field

I am still here, still unemployed, still hanging in there...
I have been having pains in my hip joint. I don't know what is causing it, the doctor says nothing is wrong. I may go see another doctor soon because clearly something is wrong! 
It is not very painful, but it is painful. I just sat at the computer for an hour and I am about to die from sitting. It is very uncomfortable to sit. Maybe I'll buy myself a good chair and see if that helps.

I am sorry, I don't mean to start a blog post by complaining...But, you all need to know that I love you so much that I am enduring the pain just to write to you =)

Spring is already starting here (kind of early because winter seems to have ended after the big snow storm). It has been sunny and warm. It only rained once or twice since I got back from England. Seems like many areas in England are flooded from all the rain...
See what I mean....




I have a CD by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and I have been listening to it. It is perfect for this time of year because of the song about the lilies of the field. There is some grass everywhere and fields are starting to fill up with the beautiful red lilies. They have always been my favorite flower. Here is a picture of one of the lilies that I took when I went with my brother yesterday to one of the natural springs in Ein Kinya. 



The Savior talks about the lilies (probably because they saw many of them around and they were so pretty):
“And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”       (Matthew 6: 28-33)

That is one of my favorite scriptures. And especially now as I am unemployed. I know that if I seek His kingdom first, all will be well. I hope that each of us can put God first in our lives and stop worrying about other things so much.  He loves us and will take care of us if we only have faith in Him. 

Sadly a lot of the water resources and nature here gets destroyed and polluted...but it was still nice to walk around and listen to the many frogs in the ponds. (If you enlarge the second picture below you can actually see the frogs)



Mazin wanted a picture of this orchid. He said it is rare here:





No comments:

Post a Comment