Monday, August 18, 2014

Good Things

I completely forgot to put up a post this weekend. My laptop decided to die (well, it simply stopped charging). I have not figured out what is wrong yet and stopped using it. I was impressed to copy all my data off the laptop just a day or two before this happened. So, I am not worried...if it is can't be fixed oh well.

I am busy applying for jobs and making connections. I am trying not to lose hope of finding work even though it may seem hard to find a place willing to sponsor me in order to work there. It may seem easier for me to find a husband that can get me the citizenship =) But, that is not going to happen with me living in Palestine.  I want to thank everyone who has done their best to help me with job connections and passing on my resume. It is nice to know that I have so many good people out there willing to help.

I have been watching the news about what is going on in the world and getting depressed.  I see people from ISIS killing Christians and torturing people without even thinking twice. And children and families in Gaza homeless with no jobs and no supplies.  I see also so many other injustices in the world.  I wonder 'how can the world stand still while these things go on?' Have we all become numb and only care about our lives and could care less about other lives? I have seen a few demonstrate for Gaza, but have not seen many stand up for the Palestinians in Syria, or others being killed in Syria or Iraq.  When I look at the world I feel we are heading towards a 3rd world war. People's hearts have become so hard...

Sometimes even remembering our blessings (when many have so little) is at least a step forward. Praying for those people and remembering they are human beings too. We can't judge others and we are not better than anyone even though we certainly are more blessed than many. 

A friend of mine who is American married to a Palestinian just moved back to the US. From the minute she got there she has faced persecution by her own people.  She was told to go back to Palestine and that she does not belong there. Those people said bad things about Palestinians and mean things to my friend and her family.  People were not willing to listen or hear the other side of the story. Those are people who were brain washed by the things in the US media and all the misunderstandings out there about what really goes on in the Holy Land.  

No matter what we hear and what many may think, we have an obligation to know the truth before casting judgement. And even then, we shall not judge others.  Sadly, many Christians in the world side with the Jews because they think the "Israel" in the bible is the same as the "Israel" today! It is NOT. The people of the Lord "Israel" were a covenant people who obeyed God. The State of Israel today is doing nothing of the sort.  I love this verse that clarifies it from the book of Mormon:
"For behold, I say unto you that as many of the Gentiles as will repent are the covenant people of the Lord; and as many of the Jews as will not repent shall be cast off; for the Lord covenanteth with none save it be with them that repent and believe in his Son, who is the Holy One of Israel." (2 Nephi 30: 2)
Even Christ himself said to the Jews that they should not boast about being children of Abraham because He can 'make out of these stones children unto Abraham'.

Satan is very powerful and his ability to deceive is great. We who follow the Master, the Savior of the world cannot be deceived. We must stand for truth and righteousness. It is us, the very few, that must stand against all that evil. We can do it, we must do it. We have on our side the Savior Himself and all the hosts of heaven. We cannot lose! I invite you all who have even a little bit of faith left to use that faith to do some good in the world. We must do good, so that the power of good can overcome the power of evil. Smile, be grateful, share what little you have with another, comfort someone, share your testimony of the Savior on facebook, accept others that are different than you, educate yourself about other people in the world, learn a few sentences from another language...etc. The opportunities are many...please do something today.  

Remember who you are...you are a child of God. Everyone else is a child of God and He loves them just as much as He loves you. He loves Palestinians and Israelis, Africans and Iraqis just the same. 

You are here on this earth for a divine reason...you are not here to make money, to have a great job, to have children that are good in sports or music...you are here to learn things that will make you more like your Father in Heaven. You are here to save lives...to make sure you qualify to return back to Heavenly Father and to make sure others are as well. 

I testify that as we take the Savior's hand and move forward that we can win. We can establish justice and peace in this world...it won't be an easy task, but it is not an impossible task. 



No comments:

Post a Comment