Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas

Enjoy my Christmas blog post....

Being away from Bethlehem I seem to be unable to feel that it is Christmas. I have bought some gifts and received gifts, I have a tree in my house, but it still does not feel like Christmas.

However, I think what 'feels' like Christmas has taken a new meaning. Every year I seem to be crazy busy around Christmas time, buying gifts, decorating, visiting people.  To me these things that I do, have become my Christmas. That is why not doing them does not feel like Christmas.  In my crazy busy time I had forgotten what Christmas is all about. It is actually good that I am not busy, because I have been able to reflect on the life of the Savior and think about Him and His birth. He is the real meaning of Christmas. Without Him there won't be a Christmas.

This is a cute video that shows that: The Spirit of Christmas 


I hope you all will have a wonderful Christmas. May it be a time where you reflect on the Savior and His life and why He came to earth. Bethlehem is very festive during the Holiday Season. Lights, activities, celebrations and Christmas music fills the air. It is great that the city of the birth of our Savior still celebrates His birth.

Despite all the uncertainty I have had with where I should go and what I should do, this has been a great year for me. I have done a lot this year and spent quality time with my family.  I returned from my mission this year. I have been busy doing good things. I wish working and making money was among those though.

I hoped that I would have a job before Christmas. And two weeks ago, I really thought I did...But, it turns out that it was not a sure thing.  I will know for sure in a month. Maybe by the end of January I will know what I am doing. I love having a plan and having everything planned and worked out. This difficult time has taught me to trust Heavenly Father and keep moving forward not knowing what the next day will bring.  

Certainly I learned how to be flexible...In July I thought I would live in Palestine for the rest of my life.  In September I thought I was moving to NYC. In October I thought I was going to find a job in Utah and live there. In November I thought I would move to NYC. In December I thought I would move to another state because I thought I found a job there. Again in December I found out that was not true and so now I really have NO clue what I am doing or where I am going. But, at least I know that I am a daughter of God and He has a perfect plan for me. I just wish He would let me know what it is!!

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. 
My sister Samar is going to be here visiting me during New Year's time for a few days. I am looking forward to that. It has not snowed much here in Utah which is very strange. I just hope it holds off until Samar comes so we can enjoy the somewhat mild weather.

I am spending Christmas eve with my friend and her family. Her daughter is making a Middle Eastern Christmas dinner, so I am going to enjoy that.  On Christmas day I may go up with my friend Emily and her family to a cabin in the mountains. It will be cold, but one things is for sure, it WILL be a white Christmas up there. Hope you all can have a relaxing holiday and hope you can take time to reflect on the Savior and His mission.  I love you all!


   


No comments:

Post a Comment