Monday, December 15, 2014

Thankful for a Savior-Part 2

It is amazing how fast time goes by. I can't believe we have 10 days til Christmas. But, I am also glad I don't have a lot of Christmas shopping to do this year. I may actually have the calm, quiet Christmas I have always wanted. I seem to say that every year and it never happens.

I was planning to go to Texas to spend time with family, but the tickets were so expensive (mainly because we waited too long). So, instead, I decided to have my sister Samar come to Utah to visit me. We are still not sure what we will do while she is here. We may go to Las Vegas, or go to some of the national parks in Utah. If you have ideas of fun things to do here around new years let me know.

I had decided to stay here in Utah only til the end of December and since the holidays were approaching I had given up on finding a job before I leave. It has been discouraging because I seemed to be turned down by a lot of places simply because of the fact that I had no work visa.  I really had a desire to stay in the US and no matter how hard I tried, nothing seemed to work.

However, I kept saying that I believed in miracles. So, I just got a miracle, my Christmas Miracle. I found a job. I guess I have been a good girl this year! I am not going to tell you what the job is now just because I am still unsure on whether or not the visa issue can be resolved. But, if I were to choose a job, this would be the one. I am really excited and looking forward to it. I hope I can start in April, but like I said, I am still unsure about the visa issue.  I also have an interview tomorrow for another possible job. We will see how that one goes. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. This would not have happened without all your help.  

 So, for this post I want to be grateful for the Savior because He is a worker of miracles.  During His earthly ministry, He healed the sick, caused the lame to walk, opened the eyes of the blind, raised the dead, controlled the elements, provided food and fish for those who needed it, and gave His life so that we may live.  His birth in Bethlehem was a miracle, His life was a miracle, and his victory over the grave was a miracle.  But, the miracles the Savior performed in the past do not stop just because He left this earth. Miracles happen every day to those who have faith on His holy name. The Lord provides us with what we need, when we need it. I hope that each of you will keep pressing forward and expecting and praying for the miracle you need. I promise you that if you have faith, you will receive the desires of your hearts.

Yesterday we had a nice early Christmas dinner at our house with some friends. It was a lot of fun...we exchanged gifts early too.
My roommate's family gave me these nice warm slippers. How did they know what I wanted?


Here is how nice the table looked (my roommate actually made this table!) and also a picture of the Christmas tree:



Utah has been invaded by a lot of birds. All birds are flying south for the winter. But, it seems like since Utah strangely has no snow this time of year, some birds think they already made it 'south', so they seem to have stopped here. The ducks in the sky the other day were kind of funny. Some were going South, Some East and some West and some simply flying around in circles in the sky not knowing where they were going.  I don't know why humans don't fly south for the winter. I sure could use some warm weather during the winter. Although some people who love the snow like my roommate may need to fly north for the winter.  Here is a picture of some trees next to my house. Those are not leaves on the tree tops. They are BIRDS! Can you can see them?




Hope you all have a great week. As you do your Christmas shopping remember to keep Christ on your minds. He is the reason we celebrate. I hope we all will remember that. Let us remember to  give more this Christmas. Not more expensive gifts, but more meaningful gifts. Gifts of love, service and light. The kind of gifts that the Savior would give if he were here on the earth today. May we walk in His footsteps and continually follow Him.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to hear about your job offer! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo happy about this. Praying the Visa works out!!!!! Please let us know if you are staying in UT. My ward wants you for a fireside and so does my friend's ward - whenever things settle down and you know you are here for a while! We believe in miracles. Our God is a God of miracles. 16 years ago today He turned around a plane in mid-flight and took it to a different city, so that Aaron's prayer to see me could be answered. Oh yes, we believe in miracles. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very very grateful things are looking up on the job hunt and I am praying the visa issues resolve quickly. I'm glad you get to see your sister, too! Congratulations, and Merry Christmas! (And those birds are cool.)

    ReplyDelete