Sunday, January 18, 2015

Plans and Fireside info

Here is information about my fireside on Sunday, January 25th at 7:00 pm. It is going to be about overcoming trials. Even though I won't have much time to prepare, I feel this will be my best fireside yet (I have a lot to say on this topic!). So, please come, and invite friends.  Here is the address:

12682 Starlite Hill Lane,
Herriman, UT



I am about done looking for jobs. It is not that I am discouraged, quite the opposite. I actually feel that I have done all I could. And feel that one of the positions I applied to will work out. I am not worried or concerned at all.  I wanted to thank all of you who have helped me. I could not have survived without your help and prayers.

I don't know if I am being too optimistic, and maybe I should continue to look.  But, I have less than a month left in this country and finding something new now is pretty hard. So, I have to focus on the positions that I have already applied to.

I have an interview this week at BYU-I and I have a presentation at BYU Provo on the 12th of Feb for a visiting professor position here. I would LOVE to work for BYU. Especially BYU-I, partly because I have come to notice how nice people there are and what a comfortable work environment it would be.  I am also waiting to hear from a few other positions I have interviewed for. 

I have also been thinking that with my hip problem there is no way I could get a desk job. I can't sit for 8 hours every day. So, my hope is to find a teaching position where I can stand most of the day.  I know the Lord is mindful of me and the right job will come along sometime soon.

My nephew is getting married on Feb 21st. So, I will go home mid-Feb for the wedding. My hope is that I would have a job offer before I go home, so I can go through the visa process while there and come back to the US to work.  It seems like I have made a plan 'assuming' something will work out. But, I really think it will...If it does not, then I would be totally fine with going home to be with my mother who has been patiently waiting my return. 

I have come to realize that there are other people who need a job more than I do. People that have families to support and are in desperate need. I have a few friends in that situation and I hope they will find work. My prayers are now focused on them more than on me. Because I can simply go home and live with my mother and won't need to work.  

I don't have much exciting news to put in this post. I hope I will have more news next week. I will at least post pictures of my trip to Idaho...I am not looking forward to the long drive and SITTING in the car for a long time. But, I will survive.



1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo praying that BYU-I or BYU works out for you. My kids don't skip you in even one prayer. We love you so much!!!! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete