Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fathers

It is Father's Day here today. We don't have such a day in Palestine (probably because mothers do everything over there and so Fathers get 364 days of the year for them and the mothers only get Mother's day). But, it is a good day to remember my father. He was the strength of our family, he did everything for us and we knew that he could solve any problem whether it be a broken TV or an emotional problem. His absence was truly felt.  My dad had a hard life growing up in a poor family...And the last few months of his life were spent in hospitals as he fought cancer. It was very hard to see him suffer and see him change from someone who did everything to someone who needed help with everything, even the basic things like eating and going to the bathroom.

The day he passed away, everyone was crying...except me. I was so glad my father didn't have to suffer anymore. I had a peaceful feeling and knew that my father was in a much better place. I know that because my Savior broke the chains of death, my father and all who passed away will rise again.  I will see my father once again and together we will fall at the feet of the Savior and thank Him for making this possible.

It is hard to not have someone on this earth to fall back on, to not have someone to help you with all your problems....But, I am so glad that I do have someone. I don't have my earthly father with me here, but I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and helps me with all my problems just the same (and even better). I had Him lift me up, comfort me, and bless me many times (more than I can count). I feel so blessed now that I often think: "What did I do to deserve this?"



My mother just celebrated her 83rd birthday. Her health is still OK, but she has become more and more dependent on others. The other day she fell in the garden and could not get up. Luckily my sister came to our house and decided to clean the balcony and so had to go outside to get the hose (otherwise she would not have found my mother). I know Heavenly Father watches over our loved ones even when we are away from them.

Things are going ok for me here. I am super busy as I am trying to prepare my final exams and grade tests and other stuff. The workshop I am going to in Nebraska (end of July) turned out to be more work than I thought. They want us to do 10 hours even before we go! I really don't know where I will find 10 hours between now and the end of the semester.

I am also trying to plan my summer (plane tickets to Ohio, car rental, hotels...etc). I am going down to Utah at the beginning of August for one week. Then flying to Ohio for a week. I want to do something fun this summer, but we will see if I can make this work. Too much is going on!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment