Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Atonement is Essential

I have had a busy week. I paid the price of taking a break one week and doing nothing. Now I feel I have to catch up and do what I need to do. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It is already the last third of the semester..we barely started!! 
I have my schedule for next semester and it is not that great, but at least I don't have a 7:45 class! I have really late classes (after 4 pm), so I will have to do something about making sure the students attend. 

Our department head decided to move offices next semester (rotation) and so my office will move to the Math building. I am so grateful for that so I don't have to walk back and forth from my office to my class. I won't have the nice spacious office I had in the Rigby  building, but it is ok.  I can't ask for anything else. I am really so grateful about how wonderful things are going. 
Most of my students are trying their best, coming to my office and working hard. It really means a lot to me to see them interested and trying. Half of them even bring their books every day to class. I mean if you knew how heavy those calculus books were, you would understand.  I am really hoping they will do well in the third exam. They really deserve to do well, they have been trying extra hard. 

I got my plane ticket for Ohio. It is still some time away, but tickets started climbing, so I thought I better get it. I will be there Aug 11 - 18th. I also decided to go to a conference in Nebraska at the end of July. It will be finals week and it will be super crazy, but it may be a good experience. This means I have to finalize my grades and do everything before I leave. 

I am looking forward to Fall semester...this has been my trial semester. Everything I did wrong this time, I can fix. I have to make class attendance mandatory...It is hard to get the students to understand how important coming to class is especially in calculus.

Since this post has been particularly boring...I am going to end with a thought. 

The atonement of Jesus Christ is real. Without it, none of us have any hope. I listened to a talk this morning by Pres. Uchtdorf about Grace.  In his talk he speaks about how we all need the atonement, but often times we forget.  We start to think that we make it to heaven by our own good works. We don't! We need His grace. No matter what we do and how hard we try, we are still sinners and fall short. Here are a few quotes about that.


Being forgiven and following the Savior, you become a new being so much that the process is referred to as 'being born again'. I feel my life has changed when I started to follow the Savior, my life still changes as I continue to follow Him. I love this quote:
 

And as sometimes we complain because we are going through trials, let us remember that Heavenly Father knows what He is trying to make out of us. Let us trust the sweet, loving hands of the potter as He shapes us into a perfect form. We should do our best, but we must remember that, in the end, it is because of Him and His atonement that we are saved.
 

 

3 comments:

  1. We love this! Thank you! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this! Thank you! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sahar I heard you give a talk in Herriman Utah before you moved to Rexburg. Is there a chance I could get a copy of that talk? I really would like some of the quotes you used in your powerpoint. My email is sandy.rawle1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete