Monday, August 17, 2015

Ohio

I arrived in Ohio on Tuesday. It was an overnight flight, and it was freezing inside the flight. The nice lady next to me shared her blanket, which helped me not freeze to death! I'll bring my winter coat next time I travel. 
We went to the air force museum here with my brothers the first day. I have been there before, so we did the quick 'run' through tour.
I spent the week visiting with family and playing cards.  
On Thursday we went to a water park with my nephew Peter. It had a Jacuzzi, a sauna, and a steam room. It was so much fun and I even had the courage to jump from the high jumping board. I almost walked back and didn't jump because once you get up there it seems soooo high and it was so scary. But, I survived.


My nephew's (Peter's) wedding was on Saturday. I have amazing nephews! And I am not saying that just because they are my nephews. But, really they are awesome! The picture below is with my two brothers and my niece Summer.


This is Amanda's niece Bailey. Amanda is Peter's wife (it is strange to call her his wife). So, they gave us bubbles so that when Peter and Amanda walk out of the church we can blow bubbles at them. Bailey got tired of blowing bubbles at no one, so she goes in the church, grabs Peter by the hand and drags him out by himself before they were done.
 

This is with my brother Maher and my sister-in-law Rida:


 And that is my brother Maher's family, daughter Mira and her family is on the left...


The wedding was awesome. The priest marrying them at the end said: "I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Amanda Qumsiyeh". You should have seen the look on Amanda's face. He didn't even correct it or think he did something wrong...

For the reception, I felt I was in a Palestinian wedding. The music was Arabic, and so was the dancing.  Even Americans were doing Palestinian Dabkah.  

I will go back to Utah tomorrow, then back to Idaho the next day. It has been a nice vacation, but I have so much to do to get ready for classes to start in September. I also have lots of meetings in August (training for new faculty). 

1 comment:

  1. Are you in UT? I miss you!!! You look so beautiful in that black dress above. STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete