Sunday, January 3, 2016

Enjoying the Holidays/Pictures

I had a great break...Sadly I am now paying for it because I did not get anything done.

It snowed right before Christmas and I ended up waiting until after Christmas to drive to Utah. My cousin and I drove to St. George and stayed with my friends. We wanted to run away from the snow in Rexburg. The day we drove down it was -13 degrees Fahrenheit. We enjoyed watching the thermostat in my car go up gradually until we got to St. George and the temperature became about 32 degrees (0 C). We were so happy to finally see brown mountains instead of whiteness everywhere.




 


My friends have an amazing house. We were both impressed at how beautiful it is and how amazing the view from their house is. They were so nice to let us stay with them.
 

This is the waterfall in their garden. I guess St. George does get cold at night as there was ice on the rocks.


This is the room I stayed in and it's bathroom:
 


One of their many Christmas trees...
 

One of their three cats, they are so cute...
 
Fuzzy, but a good picture...
 

Some of the many Nativities they have from all over the world...
 


We thought such an amazing house has to have a microwave for the guests and popcorn...we discovered them!


We went to Zion's National Park which was simply amazing!
We also toured St. George...we were told the story about how St. George started 3 times...
The St. George Tabernacle: 




My friends took us to a Teppanyaki place for dinner. Our chef was an expert in the demonstration he did.



St. George temple:
 



I was impressed that they had written Jerusalem in Arabic all over the place in the St. George Visitors' Center:
 

 We came to realize how fun doing puzzles was. So, we re-lived our childhood and made a couple of puzzles. The one on the left almost drove us crazy though...(you can tell from our picture below taken right after we finished the puzzle)



We spent one night with Emily and Tony. Emily made us Mansaf and it was SO good. Tony made Knafa from scratch and it was amazing. I am blessed with amazing friends who go out of their way to take care of us and feed us and give us a place to stay.
 


It is good to be back home in Idaho. I have so much to do that I am about to have a nervous break down. I am not sure how I am going to get everything done. I have two days to get my classes all set up and prepare for teaching. I am teaching two new classes this semester, but I have less students than last semester.  I just need to survive January and hopefully the rest of the semester will go smoothly.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment