Sunday, January 31, 2016

More good news...

I have been thinking all week about how blessed I am. I keep wondering what I did to deserve all the blessings Heavenly Father has given me. 

Even though many scared me about Rexburg's hard winters I have not seen anything that was out of the ordinary (Yet). I was lucky enough the other day to have a man on the sidewalk shoveling the snow and he helped me by pushing my car.  My car would simply not move (this is the first time this has happened) because the wheels were spinning and slipping. The problem is that they shovel the snow and leave a pile behind my car then I have to climb over the big pile of ice and snow. I discovered, however, that if I go super slow I have a better chance of getting traction for my car to move.

We do have a lot of snow, but the good news is, the temperature is not that low. 

I was a bit scared to come live in Rexburg and was not sure I will like it, but I have come to think of it as home and I am enjoying being here. I just wish that Utah was a bit closer because I find myself having to go to Utah a lot. I mostly find myself needing to go because there is a great middle eastern store there that I love. We have recently discovered their wonderful olives which are very similar to the olives my mom makes and I can't seem to live without them anymore. I will buy 10 jars next time I go and hope they last me until I get to go to Utah again...Their labaneh and pita bread are also great.

A new super Walmart has opened up in Rexburg. I tried to go the opening day and had to leave before I even got into the parking lot. It was insane!! My cousin and I went yesterday and it was also a bad idea as they were out of some things. There were so many people there that you would think these people have never seen a Walmart before. Crazy! I guess if it stays this busy I just may have to give up and continue going to Idaho falls to do my shopping.

There is a conference at BYU Provo that I have been asked to participate in during April. I will be giving a fireside for the youth in Utah a week later. This is all happening at the end of April when we have our final exams and things are crazy. General conference is also somewhere in there, so that means translation...It seems like I have a lot to look forward to at the end of this semester! I am going to do my best to get my next semester classes ready in March so I can spend the first part of April doing all those fun things.

I guess the only thing I didn't expect about being here was that I would be this busy. During my interview, my department head asked me how I manage my time...ummm...let's see, I work all day every day and at night too...that was not the best answer, but I definitely need a way to manage my time as I am failing miserably at that. I still feel that there is so much to do as I need to reach out to some of my students who have been struggling in the class or not attending their classes. 

I managed to take time the other day to go to the temple and I have not been doing great in that regard. I love being in the house of the Lord and shutting everything else out and feeling peace. 

A few days after my job interview, I was told that my name was sent to the education board as one of the possible candidates for this fulltime permanent faculty position. I won't know a final decision until March, but I am thrilled at the possibility of working at BYU-I for a long time. I really love it here and love the people I work with. I have never worked at a place like this where everyone I work with are dedicated, faithful, and caring. 

I want to thank you all for your prayers on my behalf and for all your support. I will keep you posted...

I saw the funniest video the other day, that I had to share...I did put this on my facebook page, but if you have not seen it, here it is again. It is about these two people who turned themselves in right next to our apartment complex in Rexburg. (if you look just to the right of where that guy is standing, that is where I live!). The guys had 20 lbs of Marijuana on them. See, our town is so good that criminals start to imagine they are being chased (when in fact they are not) and they turn themselves in. It was funny because the person answering the 911 call had no clue what these guys were saying...They, on the other hand, really thought the cops were after them.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers and praying that you'll be offer permanent employment. If I were the administrator, you'd have received an offer before now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me where I can find this Middle Eastern store in Utah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called Black Cherry in Sandy. Look it up online and you will find the address. It has some middle eastern stuff and also things from other countries.

      Delete
  3. LOL! those poor guys in the video were so done! Oh my!

    So happy to hear about the permanent position at BYU-I. That's wonderful, I hope you get it. We'll pray for you.

    I looked up that market on Google & already making plans to go find some grape leaves. I'm curious, never had 'em.

    Oh- and sorry about scaring you about the Rexburg winters being miserable, my sister, Rosann, said the same, hadn't been too bad yet, not as windy as usual. Probably cuz the Lord has tempered the elements for your first winter there. :)

    So great to hear how you're doing!!!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete