Monday, January 18, 2016

Survived a busy week...this week is worse

I don't have much to say, I have been busy to say the least. The semester started and I got busy pretty fast.

I have an interview this week with a teaching demonstration on Tuesday.  I am not nervous just because I have done this before, but I feel unprepared. I wish I had more time to prepare...

I drove down to Utah so my cousin and I can go to the new Provo temple open house. I managed to get tickets for Monday morning. It was amazing that most tickets were gone the first few minutes. I was lucky I guess and had someone cancel or something.

The trip down to Utah was mostly Ok except that it was snowing the first half of the trip and the roads were not that great. At least I feel more comfortable driving in the snow now. I feel my car does not do well even with the snow tires, but I have not slid or had any accidents yet...We saw a car slide into the ditch on the way down. (I'm just glad it wasn't us!)

We both have been craving Red Lobster seafood. We stopped at the closest Red Lobster to us (2 1/2 hours away!!) and had a wonderful meal. It was sooo good.  Fresh seafood is not something you can find in Palestine.
We made it safely to Utah and the weather here looks nice and is even sunny today.

I am giving a fireside in Idaho on the 24th, but I have not even had time to look at it or prepare.. It is for the mid singles. But, I think I will invite some friend from Rexburg to come.  I will try to prepare for the talk a bit today and later this week and hopefully with the help of the Spirit, it will go well.

As I went to church with my friend in south Jordan yesterday someone came up to me and told me how much my fireside a while back affected her and that she still thinks about it. That made my day. I do hope to make a difference even though it is hard to see sometimes. 

I am sorry this is a boring post...I will do better next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment