Sunday, February 21, 2016

Another week in my life...

Time is going by so fast. I can't believe we have passed the middle of this semester already. 

I just finished my second exams, and graded them...Sadly some of my students did not do so well. I'll have to see what I can do about that. I have been so busy and have not devoted enough time for my students.

Yesterday my cousin and I drove to Pocatello and went to Red Lobster. It was really good food, but too much food...we were full after the appetizer and the salad. Our nice waiter was nice enough to show us how to eat crab legs. It was easier than I thought to pull the meat out and really good.

I know we should have taken a picture before we ate half the food, but it is still ok.


We found a little Egyptian market in Pocatello and were able to get some good olives and a few Middle Eastern groceries. It is nice to know that I don't have to drive to Utah in order to buy some things. I did like Pocatello (mostly since it didn't have any snow!).

It actually has been pretty nice here too (above freezing) and snow is melting. I can't wait for Spring...it is so beautiful here when everything starts to bloom. Just because of such long winters, some green is always a wonderful sight to see.

My mother finally sold her birds. After starting with very few love birds she ended up (in a matter of months) with over a hundred or so of them in our basement at home. It became a great effort to clean their cages, but she still refused to sell them. Last week my mother was going downstairs when she fell and dislocated her toes (I didn't quite understand what it was that was dislocated, but she said her feet were facing the wrong way). Amazingly enough, this 84 year old woman got up, put them right in place and walked up the stairs! I am still amazed at her strength and good health in spite of her age. I am grateful that Heavenly Father watches over my mother while I am away. 

That fall convinced my mother to sell all the birds. That makes me and my sisters happy because that many birds in one little place was just too much to handle.

I am trying hard to figure out how to file my taxes. It has been an interesting process, but has not been that bad so far. Hopefully I can figure it out and not make too many serious mistakes doing it.

Our teacher in Sunday School today asked "What has Christ done for you?" Many made comments some to the effect of "What has he NOT done for me? He has given me everything." I contemplated what He has done for me personally, other than the obvious things like the resurrection and eternal life.

For me, the Savior gave me life, not just eternal life or life after death, but basic life. I had a great childhood, but once I became a teenager I lost my happiness. I did not see a purpose in life and was so miserable. The Savior helped me see life differently. He helped me enjoy and love life. He helped me find peace and joy and purpose. He also walked beside me, guided me and lifted me every step of the way, and He still does. He is my light, my shepherd, my redeemer, my comforter, my strength, my peace and my joy...

Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever

2 comments:

  1. As always, inspiring. I love Red Lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, inspiring. I love Red Lobster!

    ReplyDelete