Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's day

I hope you all enjoyed Valentine's day. I guess when you are single, you don't really think about this day or treat it as a different day. However, today was a bit special for me. I got to contemplate more the love that Heavenly Father has for me.

I went to the temple yesterday and pondered the amazing blessings Heavenly Father has given us, His children. His love for us exceeds any earthy love we can imagine. He loves us each regardless of who we are and what we have done.

I shared this 3-D image with my students this past week and told them how we should all strive to see in others what Heavenly Father sees in them. If we look carefully, we can see others as children of God and love them as He loves them. 


Last night, I got a call from President Gilbert (the president of BYU-Idaho). He said Elder Rasband was in town and wanted to see me. He told me to come to the 'green room' at the BYU-I center to meet with Elder and Sister Rasband. It was so good to see the Rasbands and spend time with them this morning. Elder Rasband told me to post this picture, so here goes...


I also stayed and listened to the stake conference that he spoke at. It was for married students and so I was probably the only single person there, but there were some really good talks there.

I remember when I met with Elder Rasband in his office at the end of 2014. Elder Kacher and I spoke with Elder Rasband as he did his best to help me find a job here in the US. When we walked out, Elder Kacher looked at me and said: "Wow, did you feel that?" It is true, I had felt it. I felt Elder Rasband's love and concern for me. I am grateful to know this amazing couple and I know the Lord could not have chosen a better apostle to represent Him in the Quorum of the twelve.  Those leaders in the church love each and every one of us. They pray for us, they think about us, and they do their best to serve us to the best of their ability.

Elder Porter and Elder Kacher are now serving in Russia. I got to hear the talk they gave in Turkey yesterday to the Turkish people. The message was in Turkish (translated) and I was actually happy that my Turkish was still good enough to understand it.  The church seems to be getting stronger in Turkey and nothing could make me happier because I just love the Turkish people and their amazing spirit. The first Turkish female missionary (I think) just got her call to serve in Germany. I still remember the great experience I had a few months ago to talk to the missionaries in the MTC who are going to Turkey.

I hope each of us can take this valentine's day to ponder and remember the love that Heavenly Father and our Savior have for us. President Uchtdorf said:

Think of the purest, most all-consuming love
you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount— that is the measure of God’s love for you.
God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn’t care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely.”

P.S. Thanks to whoever left this valentine's jar of chocolates on my door. My cousin says you scared her to death because you knocked and ran ;) But I am grateful you are thinking of me!

 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Awwh such a sweet gift. Happy Valentine's day from us! Great pic of you. (You match Elder Rasband),thanks for the inspirational message, & Pres. Uchtdorfs quote is a powerful one.Thx for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh such a sweet gift. Happy Valentine's day from us! Great pic of you. (You match Elder Rasband),thanks for the inspirational message, & Pres. Uchtdorfs quote is a powerful one.Thx for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a beautiful post. Thanks for your inspirational thoughts. We love your picture with Elder and Sister Rasband. You are such a great person. We love you

    ReplyDelete