Sunday, May 15, 2016

Camping

For this post I just wanted to share some pictures from our camping trip. This is the first time I go camping and I must say it was a lot of fun. I have always wanted to do this, but worried about how inconvenient it would be, sleeping in the wilderness in a tent with no water to wash up and no bathroom.

So, thanks to my friend Danae, I was able to camp in style. Her trailer is amazing and very comfortable. I must say that when she told me I would sleep on the table, I was a bit worried, but it turned out to be very comfortable and spacious.



This is inside the trailer:


And the table where I slept is on the left. It folds down into a bed.


We camped at the Warm River camp grounds. I loved hearing the sound of the water, and the river reminded me of my favorite childhood place, Alfashkha, near the dead sea. Fresh water springs and clear water streams. It was just so peaceful to wake up to the sounds of the birds singing...





Danae said they call it warm river because it does not freeze in the winter. Well it certainly was NOT warm. I tried to put my feet in it and walk around, but could not last more than 30 seconds. My feet almost froze because it was so cold!

We went to the warm river spring (it is water that comes out of a mountain). Aside from the main area where the water comes out, there were a few places like this where water just seems to come out of the ground. Amazing!



Main Spring:




 The second day we drove to Mesa Falls.. It was so nice in the morning that we were able to see a rainbow across the fall, beautiful.







On the way to Mesa Falls we saw the snow pole. Can you imagine having snow this high? Insane...I'm glad we were there in the spring.
 

On the way to Mesa Falls we saw this tree where worms have made two nests. I don't know if you can see them, but I have never seen that many worms and on a tree of all places. I don't know what they are, maybe they will be butterflies, not sure.
 

We finally saw the Tetons (mountains) as we drove on a dirt road. First time I see them because last time when we went with my cousin it was so cloudy we could see nothing.



Grilling dinner...
 
There is a pretty yellow bird that was playing in this tree. Can you find it?

Chillin' by the fire...the best part...other than the fact that you smell like smoke for the rest of the day...
 

Needless to say I had a great relaxing weekend. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment