Sunday, May 22, 2016

Car and House

Our ward split last week. So, we lost many people who had callings and our bishop is trying his best to make new callings and organize things. So, we just had sacrament meeting this morning and no other meetings. It feels weird to have a short church meeting.

It was very nice however to have a normal size ward. 750 was way too big...we are now down to 350 and it feels much better. Hopefully I can get to know some people in the ward.

So, I could not buy a house until next year. Apparently I need 2 years of employment history in the US before I can get a home loan. But, I am going to buy a car. I really don't have that much money and would rather not be in debt, but I would like a 4-wheel drive and a nicer car. I have never had a nice car and now I can afford it, so I think I should get it. Sadly when I start thinking of all the people in the world that are struggling financially I tend to feel guilty for pampering myself and getting something that may seem unnecessary.  But, I do take long road trips (to Utah mainly) a lot and having a reliable good comfortable car is great.

So, after going back and forth on whether I should go with the Toyota RAV4 or the Honda CR-V, I think I settled on the Honda. Talk to me tomorrow and I may have changed my mind. I know they are both good cars and I know some of you like one or the other, but I like the features in the Honda I found and like the color better (a bit less red so I won't get stopped by the police too much). 




I will put a 4-Sale sign on my Toyota and hope it would sell fast. 

Things are going well at work. The semester is going well and starting to get a bit busy. My students are great, but many of them are not doing so well. I am not sure why. It could be that it is Spring and so nice outside that they are doing a lot of fun things and not spending enough time studying ;-)

The weather has been nice sometimes but recently has been raining a lot. It has not been that cold. But, the other day we had another crazy hail storm. I am glad I was not outside for that one...It was more fun to watch from inside where it is warm.

I will be driving to Utah next weekend I think. I am just not sure what I am doing or where I am staying yet. But I am looking forward to a long weekend and looking forward to taking a trip in a new car (hopefully).
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should mention getting pulled over . . . we have a Toyota RAV4 this week, yes, red, and on our way through Missouri to Illinois at about 9:30 p.m. with the car in cruise control at 68 mph in a 65 mph zone, I get pulled over. What the heck . . . ended up not getting a ticket, but the officer "noted this vehicle was traveling a bit fast" and ran the plates and my license, everything clear, and was oh so helpful in suggesting I keep my speed down. Gee, thanks, Officer. Other than getting pulled over, I have loved this RAV4 like you wouldn't believe. But I'm glad you're getting the Honda. In case I decided to buy the RAV4. lol!!

    ReplyDelete