Sunday, June 26, 2016

Blessings

The semester is almost over, just a few weeks left. I am so glad and ready for a break. I hope to find something fun to do this summer. 
 
I am in Utah for the weekend. I gave a fireside to the youth yesterday. I am amazed at how good those young people are. Their leader got them to be obedient to mission rules for one week and they all came wearing missionary name tags. I hope that what I shared about missionary work will help them as they prepare to be better disciples of the Savior.

Yesterday I cooked Palestinian food at my friend Camille's house. Then we spent the evening talking about my book. I really hope that we can finalize it this year and give a draft to Deseret Book. I am still not sure if it will get published, but we will see.

I got to talk to another Palestinian member of the church today. Apparantly there are many that I don't know about. She told me it was her cousin and his family that the Israeli settlers burned alive. She said her family came to Provo in 1912, really long time ago and were one of the few people here in this valley.  It is a small world. 

Last week I made an offer on a house. I am waiting for the inspection and appraisal to finalize. I should know in a week if everything is going to work out or not. I love the house and love the neighborhood. There are some things that I will need to change in the house, but we went to Lowe's yesterday and I found out that those could easily be changed. I can't believe I am going to actually own my own house! 

I have been exceedingly blessed. I have had one blessing after another. I keep wondering 'what did I do to deserve all these good things?' I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for all He has given me. 

I listened to Elder Renlund's talk again the other day. He says this:
"“All that is unfair about life can be made right.” Our present circumstances may not change, but through God’s compassion, kindness, and love, we will all receive more than we deserve, more than we can ever earn, and more than we can ever hope for. We are promised that “God shall wipe away all tears from [our] eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

I believe I received more than I deserve or hope for. I did not have an easy life, but I had a great life. I would not go back and trade it for anything.  There were some times in my life where things were especially hard and I was depressed. Had I known the blessings that would later come into my life, I could have been more patient and more grateful during those difficult times. I know blessings will come to everyone. There is hope and light that comes at the end. We just need to be patient and wait for it. Sometimes those long dark hours of trial and of waiting and hoping are really long, but blessings come in the end.
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your courage and tenacity inspire me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post to read! Thank you for your example of faith and encouraging words of enduring! We are so happy that you will get to have a house soon! You deserve everything good! Thanks for sharing your blog post with us!

    ReplyDelete