Sunday, June 12, 2016

Rest in Peace Aunt Amal

This will be a short post...I don't want to write about anything else.
My aunt Amal Rishmawi died yesterday. It was such a shock to all of us. She was an amazing woman...

Every day, Aunt Amal would call my mother to ask how she was doing. The day before she died was the first day she didn't call in years. When my mom asked her why she didn't call she said she got busy and forgot.

But, the day she died, like usual she called my mom at 7:30 am sharp. She said she was going for a checkup to the doctor's that day then having everyone over for dinner. 

My aunt had heart problems and her health was not great, we just didn't think it would be so sudden. Her family is devastated...I hope that God can give them the strength to keep going. 

Amazingly enough as though my aunt knew she would die. After her doctor's visit, She had her husband take her around town, seeing her empty parents' house, and visiting her son's house...

As I partook of the sacrament today, I contemplated the blessings we have and the knowledge we have of the power of resurrection. I know my aunt has reunited with her parents and is in a better place.  



"But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
Even this mortal shall put on immortality, and this corruption shall put on incorruption, and shall be brought to stand before the bar of God, to be judged of him according to their works whether they be good or whether they be evil—If they be good, to the resurrection of endless life and happiness..."
Mosiah 16: 8-11


2 comments:

  1. i am sorry for your loss of such a sweet and faithful family member. i am greatful for the love that you share and for your testimony of the resurrection, and i pray for that hope and love to be with all of your loved ones at this time also.
    joseph

    ReplyDelete