Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Lord needs you!

This is going to be short...You are probably glad because you have a million things to do and don't want to waste time reading pages and pages of 'Sahar's life'. Am I right?

I don't even have fun photos to share...I'm a boring friend...
I have had two long weeks. it is going to be a looooong semester. I do love my students though. They are hard working and they come often to ask questions to my office. Which is good, but it means I get nothing else done. I also need to do a few things now that I am a normal faculty..I do have added responsibility like advising students, helping with things in the department, and doing certain things for my CFS. I am also trying to do some things to improve my Stat knowledge like learning R and other things...
 
I just got back from Utah after being down there for a day so I can translate for the Women's session of conference. I didn't get many talks to translate this time for which I am grateful because these two weeks have been super busy.

I went to the signing of my friend's book yesterday. She included one of my stories in her book and will include another in her new book coming out in January. 
(the first picture is with Elder and sister Groberg)




I think Ganel-Lyn is beating me to publishing my story. My book is still being reviewed by Deseret Book and I am not sure if they will accept it for publication or not. We should know shortly though.

It was such an honor to be there to translate for the Women's session. I was so happy to see all the women of the church outside the conference center this evening, laughing together and taking pictures. I know making this session include women and girls of all ages was an inspired decision. I could see grandmothers connecting with daughters and grandchildren and could see the relationships between women increase. We are all truly daughters of a loving Heavenly Father and we are each precious.

Ganel-Lyn's books show the hardships various women have faced and I have noticed quite a few as I associated with different women from various countries. We are all strong and resilient. I just wish we all could realize our true value and identity.

I met an amazing woman who just joined the church. I am honored to know her and glad she decided to follow her heard even though her mother and family was not supportive. As someone who has made the same choice, I know that the Gospel brings happiness and joy into our lives. Following the Savior is the only way back to Heavenly Father. As was said today, the Lord is in need of faithful, strong, courageous women. He needs women of faith who are gentle and kind and full of love. He needs us because this is the only way He can spread love to the ends of the earth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment