Sunday, November 6, 2016

Greatly Blessed

I don't really have much to say today. I have had a good productive week. It is amazing how much you can get done by closing your office door for a few hours each week. I love my students, but there was no way I could be prepared to teach them or get exams written if they are in my office all day every day.

My computer isn't liking me so much right now. It is being so slow. I may need to restart it. This will have to be shorter than I thought.

My brothers and I are thinking of meeting up in Florida for Christmas. We will see how this goes. The tickets are so expensive, at least my first glance they seemed expensive. I will have to search hard to find a good deal. 

I already had 3 thanksgiving invitations.. I am looking forward to thanksgiving and mostly to having a short break and catching up on all that I have to do. My friend said she may come to visit me, but then changed her mind and said she wants me to meet her in Vegas. After this summer I decided I would avoid Vegas for a very long time. So, there is no way I am going again this month.

I cooked Mansaf today, turned out good, but not as good as the one Mom or Suhair make.  I can't believe after looking everywhere for good lamb meet, Albertsons had it all along!


 I have the most amazing home teachers. These are men assigned by the church to come to visit me and make sure I am Ok. I told them the other day when they came that I was looking for someone to help me with my yard. I needed my trees trimmed and my bushes and a lot of fall cleaning, leaves...etc. I asked because I thought they could recommend someone for me to hire. 

That week one of the men, Brother Richey came to my house with his wife and started working on my yard. It took him 5 days of work. This guy is like in his 80's at least! I mean I worked for one hour in the yard and got so tired and thought I was too old to do yard work. I felt so bad because I really didn't want them to do it themselves! They came when I was at work so I could not even help!

They took like 3 trailer loads and he did such a good job on all my trees and bushes which were all over the place.

I am grateful for a church where members serve each other this way and watch over one another.  Living alone, it is nice to know that I have friends and neighbors to count on for help. I didn't buy a lawn mower this summer because the neighbor's kid has been mowing my lawn for me. I think now that they are on sale, I should probably get one though.

I don't think anyone has done anything this nice for me for a long time.  Saying thank you to Brother and Sister Richey just did not seem enough.

I still have Halloween candy because I stayed late at work and didn't get home in time for all the kids to come. My students were happy to get the rest of the candy...
But, I still got many that knocked on my door. I loved seeing all the nice costumes. I also loved having these little cuties come over. They were in my old ward and I just love those girls. They looked so cute too dressed up.

  

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to hear you are being blessed and doing so great in your new home, new ward, new job, new car. You deserve a get-away to see your family for Christmas! You are amazing. I am thankful for a good friend like you are to me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete