Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Message


Merry Christmas from Snowy Rexburg...Where Christmas is always white, and so are all the other days actually.

Yes, those are my new dogs that I am training to pull my sleigh. I am selling my car (that simply does not work on the ice and snow) and moving to something better. I think the dogs will get me to where I want faster and safer. I considered buying reindeer, but don't have a place to keep them. So, this will have to do for now!

I am looking forward to traveling south for the winter...I'll be in California for two days and in Las Vegas for two days. I will be meeting family in Las Vegas and going with a friend to California. This is of course assuming my car gets me to Utah safely (that is where I am flying from). Too bad it is a short break and I will not be able to get enough warmth or enough sunshine...But, it is better than nothing.

I am spending Christmas with my friend's family. I am going to spend Christmas eve with them and Christmas day. They have been so sweet to take me in. Danae even said they had a stocking for me...I feel special...well, they have a stocking for the cat, so maybe not too special, but still...

Today someone cleaned my driveway and left me a gift for Christmas on my door and then ran. I was not fast enough to see who it was, but it was such a sweet thing to do. 

To summarize this year, I don't know what to say...I think this year brought so many blessings into my life. Some wish that 2017 will be a better year, and for me, I don't think better is even possible. Getting more blessings is not possible. 

I got a full-time position at BYU-Idaho in April. In May I bought my car which I love (well, I loved until I had to drive on ice), and in July I bought my house. I have never owned a house before and it is great! There are things that come with it like shoveling mountains of snow from the driveway, but it is still a great blessing to have a place of my own.  Actually even shoveling snow is not so bad with my snow blower which I love! There is nothing like sitting in my recliner by the fireplace and reading a book.

I teach amazing students every day. And although teaching is a hard job, it is totally worth it. Especially when your students write you sweet comments on their final exam. 

This past week we went over to the Hansens and made gingerbread houses. It was fun...I tried to make a house once and gave up, but this one actually was way better than my first attempt. I guess it just takes practice. The kids sure enjoyed this, but probably more candy got into their stomach than what went on to their gingerbread house.

Back of my house:


Front of my house:


 Everyone else's houses:


I am missing my family this Christmas...There is no better place to be on Christmas than Bethlehem.  It is the place where it all started...in my town the greatest news ever was given to humble shepherds about the birth of the Savior of all mankind. His remarkable birth over 2000 years ago was an amazing event that brought peace, hope and salvation to all. 

But, his birth 2000 years ago was discrete, very few heard of it and very few witnessed it or came to see the baby Jesus. His first coming was small, humble and perfect. 

His second coming won't be so discrete...when He comes again, everyone will see Him and everyone will notice Him. The clouds will part and He will come forth in all His glory. Even the king of kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, Emmanuel. I look forward to that day when I shall bow with humble adoration in front of my Savior. That day will not be amazing for many, for He will visit many with destruction, with earthquakes and other disasters. But these hard times we witness today will end with the Savior's appearance from the skies..It will all be worth it in the end if we but endure.

This Christmas, may we not only stand amazed at His first coming as a babe in a manger, but may we prepare for His second coming from above to rule and reign as the King of the whole earth.

I love my Savior, I thank God for Him, for His life and His example. And I await with anticipation His second coming...

Merry Christmas to all...May we all be inn keepers that will give room in our hearts for the Savior of the world this Christmas season.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you joy as you celebrate this Christmas season and peace as you continue to seek Him.
    Love from Warren and Glenda Wilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful message. We are so happy to have you in our neighborhood. YOU are our blessing. After reading this, I know you won't have missed the blizzard we are having. Have a Merry Christmas. Stay safe and warn!

    ReplyDelete