Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year

I don't want to summarize 2016 again...I did that in my Christmas message. But, I will say this...2016 was a big year of firsts for me...
First full-time job in the US, first house, first new car...I wish I could add first love to that, but it won't happen anytime soon.

I think 2017 will have to try really hard to top 2016.  I just hope that peace will come to certain parts of the world. This is my only request for 2017...I want fewer people to suffer, fewer refugees, fewer wars, fewer demolished homes, less pain, less suffering...and more love, more forgiveness and more peace and happiness. I'm not asking for much am I?

We had a bad Christmas storm and I was worried about driving to Utah on Tuesday. On Monday we did a paint project. My painting (other than needing a few adjustments) turned out to be pretty good I thought. I just need to make my moon smaller and add a few branches on the trees and I think it would look nicer.



On Wednesday we flew to Los Angeles. 50 degrees warmer, we were thrilled to be outside and not need a coat or a sweater even. The weather was simply perfect. My friend and I wanted to move to LA, well until we drove in the traffic and changed our minds.

I had food poisoning of some sort that first day. I was in the bathroom every 5 minutes. Well, until I had this amazing meal at a middle-eastern restaurant...it cured me.
 

We drove to the beach...and ya there were people swimming and surfing...Ok, it was warm, but I didn't think it was that warm!
 


We headed to Magic Mountain-Six Flags the next day. I was not expecting the large crowd I saw there. Most rides had a wait time of 2 hours at least. We were lucky to get on a few rides after waiting only one hour or less...But my friend insisted we wait on the Batman ride...we waited about 1 1/2 hours...And this is exactly what the ride felt like after the long wait...(the ride lasts 1 1/2 minutes).


When it got dark we walked through the amazing display they had of Christmas lights and went to a show...I honestly don't think I have ever been this tired. I have never walked so much or stood on my feet so long. I had so much pain in my feet and legs at the end. I still have muscle pain now (2 days later)...









And people in LA actually make fake snow. They were blowing it and making some to cover the ground. Ha Ha...I'd be happy to donate all the snow in my yard. That should pretty much cover all of the park area. See under my feet is this strange white stuff they use:
 


 I am in Utah now and am heading to Las Vegas tomorrow to meet with my brothers.  I just spent today visiting with dear friends, so this has been the best day of 2016 so far. I had an amazing dinner, and an amazing lunch...best food, best company.

My friends took me around the neighborhood to look at the Christmas lights. This house is certainly the most amazing one I have ever seen....

So, here are pictures of the house:


  
But, the house next to theirs had the greatest idea...Here is the house next door:

 
 Happy New Year Everyone...don't party too hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment