Sunday, February 19, 2017

Must I always come up with a title?

I am not sure what to write about today...I have been so busy lately and can't seem to focus or think.

I wanted to get out of Rexburg yesterday so I went to Idaho Falls. I have been craving Chinese food, so I found a place and had the worst Chinese food I have ever had.  I kept complaining about the Chinese restaurants in Rexburg, they are amazing compared to this place. The good news is, I didn't get food poisoning because I was 100% sure I would when I walked out of that place.

My calculus students did so well in their test...they really surprised me. I thought they were not understanding, but aside from a few of them, they all did really well. Maybe it was because I told them they would fail the class unless they knew derivatives. They must have really studied and did well. I have had good students this semester...they are in my office asking questions a lot...I guess that is part of the reason I am far behind on a few things.

The snow is almost gone, so there is plenty of room for more which will come for sure. I am glad because that would make it nice and pretty when we start from scratch. It has been windy and rainy the last two days which is so strange for Rexburg in February. We don't normally get rain until March.

March is going to be a super busy month for me. I look at all the things I have to do in March and I am not sure how it will all get done. So, I am trying my best to do what I can this month so that I can have a better month in March. I was going to go to Utah twice to see a dentist friend of mine, but now I am thinking going to Utah 4 times during a month is not going to go be good. I may have to change that plan. I have the MAA conference in April, I have general conference and maybe the Women's session that I am translating so may need to go to. This is all in a period of 3 weeks. And those are the weeks of finals, so it will be interesting.

I am glad we get tomorrow off, but there were many things I was supposed to do on Saturday that I kind of pushed to Monday because I can. I know I should not have done that...now I have no idea how I can get everything done on Monday.

I need to stop complaining that I am busy...I have done that before and was given more things to do...so I won't complain.

Life has been good. I love my job, I am starting to love Rexburg, and maybe even love the snow. The people I work with are amazing.  I had planned to be here for quite a long time...But, we will see what the future brings.

My Sunday School lesson was interesting. I didn't get many people to want to participate. So, I talked a lot. I hope this does not happen each time..This guy gave an amazing talk on repentance today at church. How he completely changed when he repented and how the Holy Ghost sanctified him that he looked at things differently.  He would hear the music he used to listen to and say "when did this song change and become so bad..." or when did the world change and become so bad. When our very nature changes we look at things differently. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment