Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 19, 2017

I don't really have much to say this week. It has been a really busy week. I gave a talk (to some of the faculty and staff at BYU-I) on Thursday and Friday. It was about my life story and how I got to BYU-I. It was a great experience. 

I also had my office painted and they also changed the carpet. So, I had to pack all my stuff and be without an office for 3 days. I am so glad that is over because I could not find any of my stuff and could not even access my documents easily.  It took me some time to unpack on Saturday, but I am glad I got that done because I can just go to work on Monday like normal except that I don't have a phone/internet still for some reason. Maybe I connected the cables wrong. We will see.

We had 5 people who had interviews and teaching demonstrations this week and it was especially busy because I could not go to many of those and so I had to watch them after work. I continue to be impressed at how well this institution runs. I am amazed at leaders who seek the inspiration of the Holy Ghost to make hiring decisions. It truly makes a difference because sometimes qualifications get put aside and the best interest of the students gets put in the first priority. 

I still did not receive many of the talks I would be translating for general conference. I have managed to translate two talks (it took me one day to do each). They were amazing talks...I can't wait for the rest of the talks. I have done my best to plan ahead so that general conference is not as busy with translation and I am not so stressed. We will see how that goes. 

We have almost two weeks left in this semester. I can't believe how fast it went. We have only a short break between semesters so I won't get to rest at all. But, at least it may get a little less busy I hope.

Again sorry this is short...I will try and do better in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment