Sunday, June 25, 2017

Milk Cans and more

It has been a busy week for the first time this semester. I feel that my class load this semester is easy compared to last semester. I used to work every evening trying to get things done. This semester, however, I seem to have more free time.

The weather has been perfect (well it is getting a bit hot), but I'll take this weather over snow any day. I love sitting outside and enjoying the nice cool evenings. Somehow being outside reminds me of home (because we were in our garden a lot). I grew tomatoes and cucumbers inside because it kept getting down to freezing at night. I finally started having bugs and got so tired of having my huge tomato plants inside. I moved them outside. Sadly, they are not doing so well. My cucumber plants are almost dead. My tomato plants are kind of ok (some of them). I think I am giving up on gardening, it's just not for me. I will just go to the farmer's market and buy good produce instead of growing my own. I can't wait for those amazing tomatoes they have there. Mine are taking forever to get ripe anyway.


I am thinking of having a BBQ, but I think it is not worth it to do on my own. So, I'll have to invite some people over. Maybe sometime during the summer break. I bought a grill and have not used it yet. 

My book is in the editing stage. Things are moving forward, and I will be recording it (for an audio book) in August. I am excited to have it done...It was so funny to see my students excited about my book the other day. I was telling them a story during class and they all said: "You should write a book!" They were so happy when I told them my book will come out soon.

On Friday, we had a milk can dinner with all the singles in the area. The dinner was amazing, and I would have never thought of cooking that way. They stuck potatoes, corn, meat, vegetables inside a milk can and just cooked it. It was soooo good and tender.  (similar as below, but this picture is from online)


I was also surprised as to how big their yard was. They had swings, multiple slides, miniature golf, a zip line...etc right in their back yard.

There was a wheat field right next to their house and it reminded me so much of home...There is a wheat field right next to my house and I loved to see that. That is the advantage of living in a small town. You get to see more than just buildings.

My Sunday School lesson today was about the second coming of the Savior. I showed everyone a picture of the spot on the Mount of Olives from where people believe Christ rose to heaven.  


 The angels then declared to the disciples who were watching the Savior rise to heaven, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." (Acts 1: 11)

I reflect on the dream I had about the second coming and I can't wait to see the Savior again. I want to be worthy to stand before Him and be worthy to meet Him at that day. I look forward to having Him rule over the earth in Justice and love. Even though He was born in the most humble of circumstances in a stable, He was and still is the king of kings and Lord of Lords. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment