Sunday, June 4, 2017

Nature and Peace

I was nice to have Monday of last week off, but I wish I did something else other than work on my yard. I don't know how those weeds can come back day after day.

My tomato plants were doing so good, and the weather was getting better, so I thought I would take them and put them outside (bad idea). Now they don't look so healthy...They may survive. Luckily I put them inside the other day right before it started to hail. Yes, things like that happen in Rexburg even after a really nice day with no clouds in the sky.

Sometimes I wonder if I should go mow my lawn or do something outside, I look at the sky and see nothing but sunshine, but then 5 minutes later a storm hits. I am not quite sure how the weather can change so fast, but I have learned to not trust my eyes.

I had the opportunity to give a fireside to the youth, but the location was at May Family Ranch. If you don't know where that is, well it is three and a half hours away from Rexburg.  It was actually a really nice drive (well, a bit scary, but nice). There were miles and miles of nothing...mountains, grass, and nothing else. no homes, people or even gas stations. I started to freak out after one hour of driving without seeing any civilization, and thought I should have taken an extra thing of gas. I really thought I would just be stranded in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone service and no gas...

Luckily I found a gas station after 2 hours and I was fine. The place we stayed at was just amazing. Really quiet and beautiful as you can see from the pictures below. There were about 24 young men and women there. They treated us really well and gave us the best rooms in the place, they also fed us some amazing food. I hope what I said helped the youth.

There was another speaker there, a girl from Nepal who had an amazing story. She rode back with me to Rexburg and we got to talk on the way. She grew up in an orphanage in Nepal, and joined the church later in her life. She went on a mission to temple square in Salt Lake and she taught over 60 people from Nepal. People were just bringing them to her on temple square and she would teach them. She went to the Nepali branch in Utah and was shocked at how many people came up to her and told her that they joined the church because of her efforts.  Really great person...she is studying at BYU-Idaho now. I decided that Nepal is a place I want to visit at some point in my life.

On the way to Clayton, just beautiful nature...not much else: 

Sadly I didn't see much wildlife, except for one antelope, and the few animals that crossed the street in front of my car. Luckily, I managed to avoid killing them: A black rat, a rabbit or chipmunk-I could not tell, and a weasel (who really had a death wish because I almost hit him as he was going so slow in front of me).

The brother of the owner of the ranch is a famous painter. He painted many of the pictures we see in the church...Here is one of his paintings of Noah's Ark.

I went for a walk yesterday morning and these are some pictures around the ranch. They also had a big water slide that they made on the hill. The youth were enjoying sliding down it on Friday.

The family's dog decided to join me on the walk. I was glad for the extra support and protection...Reminded me of my niece's dog Abby:

I bought a hammock, and I was so tired yesterday after working on they yard then putting it together. It was good to just sit in it (for a little bit because I did not trust the clouds in the sky). Yes, I dyed my hair blond! what? you don't like it? (just kidding, I thought the picture of the stranger in the hammock is prettier than me trying to take a selfie of me in it)

My book is moving forward nicely. Deseret Book told me that we may have a few copies out before Christmas. I was thrilled about that possibility! The editing, cover design and all those things started and it seems like it will go by pretty fast. I can't wait to have a copy in hand. I am stuck right now because I am looking for certain pictures and a few maps. Not sure if I will find them or how to find them (especially the maps). I hope that won't be too much of a delay. 

My green card process got delayed one month. Last week, I was so happy that May ended because I was so sick of printing the ads every day. Sadly, now I have to print them for another 40 days!! ugh. We could not find someone to print the ISU ad for us and so we got them to give us a document that said the ad was posted, but then discovered their website crashed and ad was taken off. No one knows when it was taken off, so just in case, we are going to run the ads another cycle. It is frustrating, but hopefully it will all work out. I have learned to accept that everything happens for a reason, so I am not worried.

I can't be more blessed...things have been going really well for me. 

Today, we went to the Idaho falls temple dedication. It was the first temple dedication I go to and it was pretty cool. I am so grateful for temples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment