Sunday, July 30, 2017

Baltimore

OK I know I promised everybody I would leave a good post this week since I didn't leave one last week. But my laptop as I mentioned decided to just die. I am trying to check the disk hoping to revive it. But so far I don't think it's working. I am glad that two months ago I decided I'm going to back up my files and I did. I only have two months worth of files to lose so it's not a big deal I guess. I guess I should've bought a new computer when I thought about it but I didn't.

 I am in Baltimore Maryland we just arrived yesterday. We are here to attend the joint statistical meeting. My brother Maher and his wife and my nephew are also coming. I will get to see them soon. 

On Monday I went camping with my friend Danae.  It was really fun and it was really beautiful weather for a little while and then it started hailing. Which was interesting but not too strange for Idaho. It just ruined our attempt to start a fire. But we did have a nice fire for a little while at least. 

My nephew Ashraf got engaged today.  Yet another life event I missing. Someday I'll be able to go home but right now I'm not sure when.

I will be heading to Oregon next week and also Seattle to visit my other nephew. I'm looking forward to that I think it will be great to see him I have not seen him in a long time.

 Today we went to church in Baltimore. It was kind of an interesting walk downtown. It makes me so grateful to live in Rexburg just because it feel safe when I walk down the street. I'm glad I have two guys with me to protect me, the two men from my department that are here with me for the conference. I would totally not feel comfortable walking down the streets on my own. The ward we went to was pretty amazing. Everybody was so friendly and nice. We even got to have some food with them after church.

There are so many people around the world that have hard lives. I have been contemplating about all the women in the world that are suffering especially. I have run into a lot of strong women in my life and I am often amazed at how much some women have to go through and yet remain strong and are the support of their families. I feel so blessed compared to so many others. 

This is the church building where we went to church. Sadly it won't let me post here. Writing a blog from my phone is definitely not the best way to write a blog. Anyway I will include the picture on Facebook. I really hope my computer comes back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment